Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission Specialties

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 12:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Specialties

Anyone heard anything good from them? I just ordered a converter from them for my TH350. I read like 1 or 2 reviews from them on like 2ndgen forums and thus far nothing negative. Anyone on here have experience with them? I ordered a 3300-3700 stall range nitrous converter with a small base bolt pattern so I can use a stock-style flexplate (153 tooth). Should work great with my setup. Hoping for bottom 10's-high 9's on the juice The customer service was excellent and it was relatively cheap. Quick shipping as well. Any feedback on this company would be greatly appreciated.

http://transmission-specialties.com/...4faf224fcc4a8a
Old 05-13-2009, 12:58 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We ran nothing but the trans spec spragless converters in all 3 of our pro alky cars for years. Never an issue and we were one of the winningest big$ bracket teams in the Eastern US during that time. Have since switched to FTI since Greg is close and builds second to none, but you can't go wrong w/TS.

Originally Posted by 1badzee
Anyone heard anything good from them? I just ordered a converter from them for my TH350. I read like 1 or 2 reviews from them on like 2ndgen forums and thus far nothing negative. Anyone on here have experience with them? I ordered a 3300-3700 stall range nitrous converter with a small base bolt pattern so I can use a stock-style flexplate (153 tooth). Should work great with my setup. Hoping for bottom 10's-high 9's on the juice The customer service was excellent and it was relatively cheap. Quick shipping as well. Any feedback on this company would be greatly appreciated.

http://transmission-specialties.com/...4faf224fcc4a8a
The following users liked this post:
FTICONVERTERS (06-21-2022)
Old 05-13-2009, 01:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TLewis4095
We ran nothing but the trans spec spragless converters in all 3 of our pro alky cars for years. Never an issue and we were one of the winningest big$ bracket teams in the Eastern US during that time. Have since switched to FTI since Greg is close and builds second to none, but you can't go wrong w/TS.

I appreciate your input! That's what I like to hear
Old 05-14-2009, 05:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those guys are local to me. I haven't heard anything bad about them. THey will be getting my order for my RMVB TH400 w/ brake soon. Might pick up a converter from them as long as they can do the LS1 snout.

Were they able to make a "bolt in" converter for you with no spacers?

Andy
Old 05-15-2009, 07:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by White.Lightning
Those guys are local to me. I haven't heard anything bad about them. THey will be getting my order for my RMVB TH400 w/ brake soon. Might pick up a converter from them as long as they can do the LS1 snout.

Were they able to make a "bolt in" converter for you with no spacers?

Andy
Yep. They made one for my TH350 with a different back housing for a small base circle bolt pattern (to fit my factory flexplate). Really cool guys. Shipping was pretty quick too. I ordered Wednesday I think and it should be here around monday.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1badzee
Yep. They made one for my TH350 with a different back housing for a small base circle bolt pattern (to fit my factory flexplate). Really cool guys. Shipping was pretty quick too. I ordered Wednesday I think and it should be here around monday.
But doesn't the "snout" of the converter need to be longer so you dont need spacers or something? Or does the different back housing take care of this?

Quick Reply: Transmission Specialties