Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks LS1tech

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks LS1tech

IT RUNS!!!!!! Finally got my Camaro up and running with the new trans and TCI converter. It runs great, shifts and downshifts perfectly (installed one washer from the Transgo kit. The stall takes a little gettin used to but I'm ajustin. I want to thank Frank and Vince for taking the time to answer all my questions. This is the 3rd 700/4l60/E I've put together, 4th overall. Only difference is on this one I went all out on the good stuff. Sleeved input drum, new reverse drum, carbon band, B/W sprag, GM 5 pinion planets, 4l65 reaction shaft, Beast sun shell, Kolene steels, Alto and B/W frictions, Sonnax check valve, Transgo pump rings and shift kit, all new bushings, bearings, solenoids, etc etc. I could write a book on all the parts and their installation, but you get the idea. For those of you that know, you have to get creative to replace the 3rd accumulator cage in the case. The car has been sittin for 8 months while I pieced all this together bit by bit. Now I'm ready for an AI heads and cam but that's for another day. I promise when I start sprayin again and grenade the current trans, I'll be contacting a sponsor. I tell ya, all that down time is no fun.

I uploaded a little vid to youtube so you can check it out. It was right after we finished installing it (thanks to my gf) I don't have tags on it so no wot runs, don't have the room for it on the side streets. And yes it's got a layer of dust on it, remember it's been sittin for 8 months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6XAe5Ur4Sg

Once again, thanks guys!!!