Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TH400 questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TH400 questions

I will be purchasing an LS2 in the next few months and have a basically stock TH400 that a guy is going to build for me, I am wanting some help with what would be the best parts for my use. First off this is going in a toyota truck that is an offroad/prerunner type truck. I dont plan on doing too much to the engine as I want it to be pretty reliable for the type of driving I will be doing. My main plans for it will be the L92 heads, intake, headers, cam, and the other few things to accommodate those upgrades. So im just hoping for 475-500hp, with that said what all will I need to keep the TH400 reliable and able to handle the power. The guy building it only recommended a direct drum, good sprag and good rebuild kit. I have been considering using the Hughes Premium Overhaul Race Box Kit if there is something better suited to my needs please let me know. I'm not really familiar with the technical part of it but he is doing the somewhat of a shiftkit modification to make it auto/manual like I have seen with the kits. Thanks for any help.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read the sticky at the top of the trans section. It should give you a bunch of good information.

Good luck
Old 05-20-2009, 11:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I read through all of it but nothing really answered what I was looking for, it was more about doing the swap. Unless I missed something.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get alto red clutches for starters.

Honestly that TH400 will hold the power just fine.