Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powerglide question

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 04:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Powerglide question

So i orded my rossler glide ive had it for a while... its a glide with a turbo spline input shaft. So i go to put my converter in this afternoon and it wont lock with the pump so i pull it back out and the shaft wanted to come with the converter. It didnt pull the shaft all the way out but maybe 3 inches or so and now it wont go back in. Is that saposed to come out? I tried to call rossler but they close at 3 on fridays... i wanted to get the engine and trans in this weekend Any help would be apreciated!
Old 05-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Staging Lane

Yes the Powerglide input shaft can be totally removed from the unit and reinstalled without any problem whatsoever. None.

When the shaft is fully inserted it will stick out of the stator tube appx 1 1/2" - 2". Make sure it is fully seated before trying to install the converter. When installing it you'll have to wiggle it and rotate it as well. It must engage the direct hub and the rear sungear in the gear assy. independently.

Also, while you have the shaft out... insert it into the converter to ake sure it engages the turbine hub properly.

Hope that helps....
Old 05-29-2009, 06:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Heads-Up-Outlaw
Yes the Powerglide input shaft can be totally removed from the unit and reinstalled without any problem whatsoever. None.

When the shaft is fully inserted it will stick out of the stator tube appx 1 1/2" - 2". Make sure it is fully seated before trying to install the converter. When installing it you'll have to wiggle it and rotate it as well. It must engage the direct hub and the rear sungear in the gear assy. independently.

Also, while you have the shaft out... insert it into the converter to ake sure it engages the turbine hub properly.

Hope that helps....

Ok cool ill try that it seems that the shaft is still to far out... it wont engage the pump so ill try it with the shaft out and see what happens. thanks for the help.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Ok so i pulled the shaft out it fits the converter fine... the converter fits up to the trans fine.. I just cant get the shaft all the way in there I dunno maybe its hanging up on one of those plastic seals? It sounds like the shaft is bottoming out though. Id just have to take a picture i guess.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:25 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

Theuy can be a pain in the butt sometimes but work with it and it will go in. Sometimes it help to stand the unit up on the tail.

Greg
info@ftiperformance.com
FTIPerformance.com
FTI Converter build sheet

Old 05-29-2009, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

The washer inside the planetary dropped. The pilot on the input shaft can't get through. Stand it up on end and try that. Turn and wiggle the shaft when installing. Be careful not to damage the sealing rings on the input shaft.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

Ok thanks guys im sure ill get it ill have to get my friends over to help. thanks again!
Old 05-31-2009, 11:11 PM
On The Tree

Ok i got it in... crazy after 30 mins of tryin to get it and about to get fed up with it my uncle just hardly wiggled it and it fell in! Oh well its in thanks guys!
Old 06-02-2009, 07:48 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

Been there done that. LOL

Greg
info@ftiperformance.com
FTIPerformance.com
FTI Converter build sheet

Quick Reply: Powerglide question