Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Converter Diagnosis?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 11:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Converter Diagnosis?

Should the TC internals move around (as in if you move it side to side you can feel parts move around)?

Trying to figure out why my trans is spewing fluid out the front... just got the trans off the car today.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Its normal for the parts to move around, without being on the trans for the stator and input shaft to support them they just float flop around.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 06-03-2009, 09:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there anyway to tell if it is bad or not.

Here is whats going on...

Was having some problems with the trans overheating and fluid coming from the vent tube. So I drained the fluid and replaced the filter. I noticed a decent amount of metal dust in the pan, I just has my trans rebulit in August and rarely drive it, but just started having this problem last month. I did this and then I noticed trans fluid leaking from the front and looked up into the inspection cover and saw it leaking from the front seal. So I went and had the front seal replaced. Well, it did not work.. it is still leaking from the front seal. I dont mean a slow leak, I mean a decent size puddle in a matter of minutes.

I now have the trans off the car and am trying to figure out if I need to take it to a trans shop or just get a new converter. I would like to know what to tell the trans shop if I take it there besides its leaking???

Any Help..Thanks!