Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Line pressure issue?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 11:33 AM
TECH Regular

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Line pressure issue?

I have tried calling my tuner several times with no answer about this issue, but after I had my car tuned (by a very reputable tuner) I had the line pressure upped to make the shifts more aggressive and they feel great WOT, but after it has to hammer through a shift (downshift or up shift) the line pressure (I'm guessing) stays super high so it SLAMS into second under cruising conditions. Still shifts fine WOT! Fluid levels and temps are great! No major issues at all. When I turn the car off for more than a minute, shifts are incredibly smooth as long as I don't go WOT. I'm pretty understanding that this is a tuning issue, but what is causing this and how bad is it for my transmission?

Thanks,
Kyle
Old 06-23-2009, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

appears to be an adaptive learning issue. what year/model?
Old 06-23-2009, 02:12 PM
TECH Regular

It's a 2000 TA (LS1) with a stock 4L60e and a B&M supercooler. I had the issue right after I had it dyno tuned.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

could also be coincidendtal,......pressure solenoid and/or regulator valve could be sticking. id suspect the solenoid first
Old 06-25-2009, 12:58 PM
TECH Regular

Well I thought if it was sticking, I would be constantly high and begin to cause major, major problems. But I can always be wrong. Waiting for performabuilt or one of the big transmission guys to chime in
Old 07-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My 2000 Silverado does the same thing. The transmission leans how you drive and can tell when there is a big load like a trailer, or a driver with a big grin. (: This slammed shift is very evident with elevated line pressure or a too hard of a shift kit in the 4l60e's. Prove it by stopping and shutting off the motor and upon restart it will revert back to the stock settings. There are better ways to do this than elevated line pressures. A correctly set up shift kit is likely a better set up for a daily driver. I know the part throttle shift to second is likely brutal after a full throttle blast.