Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No revert ? need help ASAP !!! please

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy No revert ? need help ASAP !!! please

I did burn out today before head inside to work, after I get off, I find out I have no revert, revert is feel like it in park, and Neutral is like first gear WTF ? Over drive, D, and 2 is work fine, any one have any ideal ?
Old 06-29-2009, 05:41 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

sounds like you seized the forward clutch unfortunatley thats a needing a rebuild or transmission type deal.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 06-29-2009, 07:52 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would have to agree that if you have forward in neutral normally a fail/welded forward clutch pack is suspected. Is it possible that you might have a shifter cable or bracket issue. Might be something to check before condemning the transmission. Vince
Old 06-30-2009, 01:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for all the rely, the day I bought the car, every morning when ever I put in revert, i heard a bang noise, and If i leave the car couple day without driving, the bang noise is louder. only happent in the morning , it never happent thru out the day.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

This morning , I take to my mechenic, he drive, put in gear, hook up to the computer, and he told me, when he put on over drive it stay on 4, D stay on 3, 2 stay on second. and he told me it need to be rebuild.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

ANY ONE HERE WITH LAYWAY PLAN OR MONTHLY PAYMENT PLANT ? I need this car on the road right away, but I do not have 1000+ to tranny right now. Please PM Thanks
Old 07-06-2009, 11:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The forward clutch pressure had welded itself together and will not release. This clutch has to come off for reverse. (get it "forward clutch). If you don't have the funds don't do the burn outs. However in your defense the clutch was likely failing anyway and the burn out just hastened it's demise.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Papermachtech
The forward clutch pressure had welded itself together and will not release. This clutch has to come off for reverse. (get it "forward clutch). If you don't have the funds don't do the burn outs. However in your defense the clutch was likely failing anyway and the burn out just hastened it's demise.
Every morning, I put in revert on cold tranny, it make a loud bang noise, is this the problem before the burn out ? thanks
Old 07-09-2009, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

OK I GOT REVERT AGAIN ?? yesterday a tranmission test drive it, after test drive he say, it need rebuild cause the forware clutch is stuck. I drove home yesterday, I play around with D shift to OD couple time, this morning I went out and shift from P to OD, I FEEL IT SHIFT SMOOTH, USUALLY IT HARD TO SHIFT FROM R TO OD. I went to work, and after work If shift smooth from R to OD, I was telling myself something is going on here, I stop the car on the side of the road !! and try to put on revert, the car move back !!!!!, I test it couple time and it work every time. Shifter is shift smooth in all gear, WTF. should I still save up for rebuild ? I check the fluid and I saw it kinda black on the dipstick, should I change the fluid or just drive it until it broke ? thanks
Old 07-11-2009, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I need an expert for explain, why my revert is working again ? anyway to prevent it happent again until I save up 2k for new tranny.