Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L80E FMVB Question

Old 07-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L80E FMVB Question

I searched and couldn't find what I needed.

I'm looking to add a manual valvebody to my '92 4L80E I'll be running behind the LQ4 I'm putting in my Jeep. I've seen the Transgo, TCI, etc, but then I came across the Trinity Transmission kit. Here's a link:
http://www.trinitytransmission.com/l80manvb.html

It's far cheaper than the others, much simpler, and appears to be much easier to install. I know they're a sponsor on here so I'm not looking to badmouth them or anything, but I don't understand how they can have a kit so much cheaper and simpler than the competitors. Is it all it's cracked up to be? Obviously it doesn't have the vacuum modulator so shifts will always be really firm, but are there any other downfalls to the kit? Does anybody have any experience good or bad with the kit? Even just word of mouth? I exchanged a few PMs with Trinity on here and liked what I heard, I'm just looking for some independent opinions of it before I dive into anything.

Any info on the kit would be very helpful cuz I haven't been able to find a damn thing about it anywhere.

Not that it matters, but this will be going behind a cammed LQ4 in a very built offroad Jeep that'll see a lot of varied use. Street, rock crawling, mud bogs, drag racing and high speed dune running, etc. Manual control will be perfect for me and willl eliminate the computer controls but I don't wanna cheap out on the valvebody if there's a good reason not to go this route.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 91 Likes on 55 Posts

Buy the TransGo, do a search for Trinity here. See how many happy customers he has...
Old 07-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Teching In

Good to know, thanks. I'll look into it.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jakeshoe
Buy the TransGo, do a search for Trinity here. See how many happy customers he has...
Please elaborate. I did some searching, found quite a few issues with 2-3 shift delays on the Transgo kit, and actually saw a post with you recommending the Trinity kit. I'd like to hear some more detail on the issues with Trinity because my search didn't tell a whole lot.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 91 Likes on 55 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...ransbrake.html

It may be a brake specific problem with the way they are using torque signal oil.

The TransGo kit needs a mod to kill any delay on the 2-3 shift.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4L80E FMVB Question