Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny gurus help!

Old 07-13-2009, 09:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tranny gurus help!

This is kind of weird but this is what has happened. About a week ago i was driving to work in the morning, and i hit a curb median going about 45mph. This destroyed my two rims on the driver side therefore leaving me no choice but to get some new rims. I had it alligned and everything is straight. Now though when I drive my tranny locks up like it normally should, but now anytime I let off the accelerator it unlocks. Another thing it does not do anymore is lock up in 3rd (D). My car is not throwing any codes and I dont think the things I described are normal. Please let me know your opinion. Bye the way I have a Stg ll Performabuilt tranny with a 3800 Billet stall.

Thanks in advance!
Jon
Old 07-13-2009, 09:37 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Depending on the tuning , the converter unlocking on throttle release may be normal. However it should be able to lock in D again unless its been disallowed in 3rd which many tuner do set them up that way .
In any case from the trans perspective and lockup theres no difference between "D" 3rd and OD 3rd and 4th its all PCM and comand related .
I would get a scanner/tuner on it and see whats being comanded. It also could be you are just noticing something that has always been that way and are just more keen to it since the accident.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 07-13-2009, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. Definitely not something that always been happening. I will definitely have my tuner look at it! Anyone else with any ideas?

Search this Thread