Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new info 4l80e fittings?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 09:43 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default new info 4l80e fittings?

Does anyone have any new info on some fittings to hook 6an lines to a 4l80e?Specificly the rear fitting?I tigged straight weld on fittings to the factory fittings and there is not enough room for 90 6an fittings,even with the braces cut out in that area.Sure woul'd be nice if somone makes a 90 direct screw in for that rear port.Are there still none made?Also does anyone have a part number for the lokar dipstick tube used when converting f body to 4l80e?
Old 07-21-2009, 10:10 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Smile

Originally Posted by SUPERBOOST
Does anyone have any new info on some fittings to hook 6an lines to a 4l80e?Specificly the rear fitting?I tigged straight weld on fittings to the factory fittings and there is not enough room for 90 6an fittings,even with the braces cut out in that area.Sure woul'd be nice if somone makes a 90 direct screw in for that rear port.Are there still none made?Also does anyone have a part number for the lokar dipstick tube used when converting f body to 4l80e?
Here's a link that should help you guys out converting your 4L60E/4L80E stock fittings to 6A/N fittings.

http://www.purechoicemotorsports.com...cat/cat135.htm

Chuck/FLT
Old 07-21-2009, 11:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 228 Likes on 161 Posts

the biggest problem is since its a straight thread, and has to use a gasket, its gonna stop where it needs to-i used the stock fitting, tightened it, then made a mark pointing to the front (or where ever you want it to end up)
then i grind it down a little, grind down a 90 deg steel fitting, then weld the 2 together, fits nice and tight