Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

track issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 10:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default track issues

Well went out the track last night since ive been having issues launching the car...I tried all kinds of different methods, got pissed cause it wasnt getting better and started hot lapping..lol..had the car go into limp mode momentarly (i think) it happened on 3 differnt types of launchs...first one was brake stalling to about 2800rpm then mashing the gas..it flashed to about 3600 then kinda sat at 3600 like it went into 3rd then suddenly kicked back down to 1st and picked up strong....2nd time it happend it was a launch from idle, exact same thing happned...3rd time i was holding about 1400 rpm then mashed it..same ****...About a month ago i had the same issue so i had a buddy with hptuners scan my car and i had a code stored in history...some slip code, im assuming the same code i hear ur suppsoed to turn off with a aftermarket stall...so he turned it off, yet it still did it...and now im stumped cause i cant 60 foot for ****.

Also i noticed that after my 2-3 shift my RPMs drop way down to like 43-4400 rpm, where my 1-2 shift only drops to about 5000rpm...is this something that can messed with, with tuning?.....cause it kinda like it falls on its face after 2-3 shift and u can feel it start to pick back up at about 5000 but by then its to late as im about to crossing the finish line.

Edit:
Car was originally tuned with a fuddle 3400, now running the vig 3600...would that make a difference?

Last edited by GT Griller; 07-27-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:08 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

sounds like the converter is being commanded to lock up and then your driving through the converter clutch check your tuning
Free Cooler, Free shipping always, 2 year warranty Trans/Coverter combos, No Core or Core charge, $150 LS1 core buy back, All trans Dyno Tested to Be sure it works when you get it.Customer videos, Tech Thread, Open 7 Days a Week! Call or http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=performabuilt&m=g&t=2Click Banner for Website.
Not Just Built.....PerformaBuilt!

Old 07-27-2009, 06:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by performabuilt2
sounds like the converter is being commanded to lock up and then your driving through the converter clutch check your tuning
Ok...so if this was the case wouldnt it command the lock up every time?...cause out of like 12 passes it only did it 3 times.....Ill try and get the hptuners on it this weekend....anyhting in particular i should look for and post up?
Old 07-27-2009, 07:44 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

i know some tuners will command lockupatcertainMPH in 3rd gear maybe he has the mph thingy messup mine is commanded at 112 in 3rd I am not a tuner so I cant help you with that may want to check the tuning board
Free Cooler, Free shipping always, 2 year warranty Trans/Coverter combos, No Core or Core charge, $150 LS1 core buy back, All trans Dyno Tested to Be sure it works when you get it.Customer videos, Tech Thread, Open 7 Days a Week! Call or http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=performabuilt&m=g&t=2Click Banner for Website.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Car was originally tuned with a fuddle 3400, now running the vig 3600...would that make a difference?
yeah lol you may have been driving through the lockup on the fuddle lol and not be able to do it onthe VIG lol

Old 07-27-2009, 10:22 PM
12 Second Club

yeah lol you may have been driving through the lockup on the fuddle lol and not be able to do it onthe VIG lol
Thanks a million!!....ill hook it up to the hptuners these weekend and see what i find out.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:44 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

He did annihilate his fuddle, and when it came apart it annihilated his transmission in return

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 07-29-2009, 07:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had somehing similar happen to me. Problem started showing up when car started hooking well. Herd it called the "stall wall". The supposed fix was to set he VSS diagnostic rpm to a higher value (tunercats for me). I set it at 5000 rpm and have not had the problem since. FWIW.

Mec
Old 07-29-2009, 04:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Greaseymec
Had somehing similar happen to me. Problem started showing up when car started hooking well. Herd it called the "stall wall". The supposed fix was to set he VSS diagnostic rpm to a higher value (tunercats for me). I set it at 5000 rpm and have not had the problem since. FWIW.

Mec
intersting...ive only noticed it while on the slicks....on the street tires it just spins right up to 6200 no problem.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:23 PM
12 Second Club

So now ive had the HPT on it but the laptop battery was being gay so i couldnt log an actual run..I did however drive around with the OTC nemysis scan tool plugged in...I read some where that 5.0+ voltage from the TPS could cause this but my car only showed 4.5 so crossed that off the list...read about the VSS being a possibility but it showed 6700 so doubt its that...This is what i saw...TCC duty cycle was 96% at all throttle positions in 2nd and 3rd gears, but the converter didnt feel locked..so i went in and maxed out the values so that it wouldnt lock at all in 2nd or 3rd..took a drive and showed the same ****...also the scan tool wasnt reading my brake switch, it obviously works, lights came on and converter unlocked...I did notice that the abuse mode seemed to be on so i turned it off..dont know if that was the fix or not cause, its only done the retarded launch thing when im on the M/T's and when i was doing the logging it was on the street tires.

I have both tunes the original tune that i was runnin at the track and having launching issues with then the one where i tweeked a few things...for some reason i cant attach them on here, so if some one would be willing to take a peak at them and tell me what yall think i would gladly forward them to yall thru email...any help would be GREATLY appreciated

EDIT: the shift extension problem seemed to not be there anymore..but i cant be for sure as it was REALLY hard for me to watch the road and the tach and look over at my buddy john with the scan tool..lol