Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60 and t-brake,whos got one?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 09:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 4l60 and t-brake,whos got one?

So i should have my flt level 5 with billet input and output shafts back in a couple weeks. Its also going to have a t-brake and custom pan.

Who else is running a t-brake on a 60? I know there will be alot of haters out there saying it wont hold. Im fully aware of the weakness of the 60. Just want to see how many other people are running it and what kind of power and times.

Thanks
Alex
Old 08-03-2009, 01:30 AM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Circle D installed a transbrake in our Circle D 4L60E and we ran it hard for about 7-8 months or so. We never broke anything, but when we stepped up the engines power level, we had some problems. It would either blow the tires off or hook and try to go on the bumper. The 4L60Es low 1st gear made it tough to hook consistently. We race way too much to risk tearing up the car or losing 1st round due to traction issues.

It's an awesome feeling when you let go of the button. I would recommend a 2 step so you can control the launch rpms and tame the hit down a bit.

Ours served us well for quite a while. The guy I sold the set up to is still running it hard and heavy in a turbo application.

G/L
Old 08-03-2009, 05:39 PM
10 Second Club

Well thats good to hear. I cant wait. And i do have a 2 step for it.

Thanks