Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car is running weird after TH350 swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 10:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default My car is running weird after TH350 swap

I recently changed from an A4 to a TH350 in my 2000 Z28. I got it all together, and took it for a ride. I didn't do any of the wiring for the neutral safety switch yet, because I am still unclear of what exactly has to be done. So I just plugged the stock shifter in, and tossed it under the dash. My question is when I first start it and go for a ride, for the first couple miles the car will start randomly missing and breaking up, and I have to put it in Neutral and "clear it out" to get it to go away. Usually after the couple miles this problem goes away, and it runs like a champ. Is this because I have the stock shifter plugged in, and havn't spliced the wires or whatever yet? And if so, what wires do I exactly have to cut, or splice? I had all the A4 trans codes shut off in a mail order tune, which I thought might take care of the issue, but didn't. This problem is driving me insane, and I want to know if that's the reason it's doing it before I go through the trouble of cutting wires. Thanks.

-Lance