Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help put the filter seal in

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need help put the filter seal in

It took me a very long time to take that filter seal out. IT WAS A BIG MISTAKE TO TAKE THAT SEAL OUT, IT WAS PERFECT CONDITION TOO. After hours try to take it off, I gave up and desice to do a search, find out that I need to tap it with little flat head screwdriver, any way the new one that wont fix the hole, any one know the easy way to put that sucker back on ? thanks
Old 08-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the filter the other day myself and one of the techs i work with said dont take it out. Its the biggest pain the *** to put back in. I was thinking there was a tool to put it in but i could be wrong. if not there isnt much room to do it and good luck. Is the bore that the seal goes into OK? I know there is a tool to get it out but i cant remember about going back in.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SteveB4C
I did the filter the other day myself and one of the techs i work with said dont take it out. Its the biggest pain the *** to put back in. I was thinking there was a tool to put it in but i could be wrong. if not there isnt much room to do it and good luck. Is the bore that the seal goes into OK? I know there is a tool to get it out but i cant remember about going back in.
Yea, I did do a search after ******* with the thing for hours. Turn out that I should leave it alone, but I already tear the rubber apart, so I have to take it out. Now I have hard time put it back on.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Update, I mess up the first filter nech seal, try to tap in with a socket, I have to buy another filter with the seal and this time Im pray and that sucker knock in easy. LOL. FOR THE FUTURE NOT FOR NOOB, DO NOT CHANGE THE SEAL UNLESS IT TEAR APART. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I put in roughly about 8 quart cause I let the car drain almost 12 hours. Tranny shift alot smooth now.