Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e speed sensors

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l80e speed sensors

I have only one VSS in my tranny in the front. The other hole for a sensor just has a plug in it but the wiring is there for the rear sensor. It is out of a 4 wheel drive pickup so would the other speed sensor be in the transfercase that was in the truck. I have the original np208 in the 4 wheel drive suburban that the 6.0lq4 and the 4l80e are in. The tranny doesn't shift into overdrive about half the time and it doesn't shift between gears right and it just acts funny. Do I need to get another sensor and put it into the other port or what?
Old 08-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Teching In

Yes, that's a unit from a 4WD. The reaction carrier in the transmission does not have a reluctor ring on it unless someone has installed one from a previous repair. You must reuse the transfer case or if this is being used in a 2WD application, you'll have to dissasemble the transmission and install a reluctor ring.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

wow that sound like a lot of work. It seems to work pretty good with just the front sensor hooked up shifts good but seems to rev very high before it shifts even when its not at WOT. How hard would it be to dissasemble and put in the reluctor ring? from the rear or the front?

Quick Reply: 4l80e speed sensors