Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stalled guys, need your opinion...

Old 08-06-2009, 02:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stalled guys, need your opinion...

Does your car shift funny at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle?? I just put a stall in and it sees like the thing only like to be floored or babied. The tune has been adjusted for the stall and the driveability is alot better except for it shifting funny.

Just seeing if yall's cars do the same or if something is a little off with mine?
Old 08-06-2009, 04:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It really depends on the build of the transmission. If it is a stock trans with a big converter it is going to shift kind of mushy when you are about 3/4 throttle. Especially if you have any kind of HP mods.. I would have your tuner check the line pressure and also check the Speed vs. RPM shift points. That can have a lot to do with it. It is more common than you think.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

thanks for the reply, Ill have my tuner check it out...it is a stock trans with a 3k stall. but it feels like at about half throttle it starts the shift and takes a long time to get into the next gear.

Last edited by '02TA; 08-12-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Banned

Needs to raise the shift points and tcc apply. Probably disable tcc in third.
Believe it or not, with some high stall converters, if you raise the shift points it can lower the rpm at cruise.
The reason being is that when you're in third at 20 mph the converter is going to slip, it's going to act like it's under load.
Sounds like the tuner left the tcc tables stock, and thats the main problem.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DarkBlueLS2
Needs to raise the shift points and tcc apply. Probably disable tcc in third.
Believe it or not, with some high stall converters, if you raise the shift points it can lower the rpm at cruise.
The reason being is that when you're in third at 20 mph the converter is going to slip, it's going to act like it's under load.
Sounds like the tuner left the tcc tables stock, and thats the main problem.
Thanks alot, I'll ask the tuner tomorrow as he is closed for today. Hopefully you've solved my issues because I was starting to think my tranny was taking a ****.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

I remeber mine shifting real odd and so soft you couldnt even tell it was shifting. After the tune it was great. My tuner runs a stalled auto also, one of the reasons i went with him.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:04 PM

I had a 3000 stall and stock tranny and it did fine till it went out 6 months after putting stall in
Old 08-15-2009, 11:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Could be torque management? Mine seemed to shift into neutral for a split second at part throttle when I first had my converter installed. I think it was fine at full throttle. (This was almost 10 years ago, so I am going from memory.) I had the Hypertech tuner at first which didn't get rid of TM and no one could figure it out. When I got the Diablo tuner, TM was deleted and the problem went away. You may want to check the TM and see if its disabled?

Search this Thread