Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e clutch kit opinions??

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4l80e clutch kit opinions??

After much painful internal debate, I have decided to rebuild a 4l80e for my conversion. I wish that I could afford one from one of our fine sponsors here, but that is unfortunately not the case at this point in time.

I've noticed that most builders appear to use the Alto Red Eagle power-pack kits, which allow more (albeit, thinner) steels and clutches in the packs. I spoke to a local builder who says that he prefers to use the "high energy" clutches and steels instead. In his experience, the thinner clutches/steels are more prone to warpage under high-heat.

Any opinions?

Also, I have about $2200.00 to spend on parts for this build, so if anyone has any leads as to a "one-stop-shopping" supplier for the needed parts, I would appreciate it I already have a new 3400 multi-disc converter from circle D that cost a pretty penny, so I'll be using that with this trans. The goal is for the trans to live a long life at 800hp power levels....maybe eventually more once my 6.0 stroker is done.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-27-2009, 01:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the TCI kit in mind. It had all the clutches, bands, seals, etc. Should cover just about any soft part you would need.

Any sponsor who is a TCI dealer should be able to get you one.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn FLT Sale!!....just decided to order mine instead. Thanks for the input.

Quick Reply: 4l80e clutch kit opinions??