Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another tranny problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another tranny problem

just got my tranny back in 4 the 3rd time this year ,seemed to be doing fine all week so I went to the track tonight and the first shift was fine but the 2nd to 3rd shift would not shift at wot , It shifts fine normal driving ,it would just hit the rev limiter and I would let off ? it did shift once but that was 1 out of 5 runs ,fluid is full actualy past full ,tranny is all new ,convertor is new .anybody ????
Old 08-28-2009, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

also its a 4l60e and when it did shift the once it was a hard shift but took 4ever..
Old 08-29-2009, 09:42 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

STALL? Tuning? Rear ratio? Has the car been tuned for the stall and what have the previous failures been ?

Call 888-744-6542

Old 08-29-2009, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by performabuilt
STALL? Tuning? Rear ratio? Has the car been tuned for the stall and what have the previous failures been ?
The car has a new stock converter, 4:10 gears, last week the third and fourth shift started slipping so they replaced all they clutch packs, they put a corvette servo and everything new it all started when my mass air flow burnout half way down the track, we drove it home about an hour drive with the burnt maf unhooked so it would run and the tranny was working fine. I swapped out the burnt maf with an extra one I had, took it down the road and punched it, it hit second fine, but won't shift into third it'll shift at 75% throttle with a good hard shift, but wot it just hits the rev limiter, also its about a quart to full on fluid, does that matter? dont know if the maf is related ,
Old 09-01-2009, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

finaly got it to shift at wot 2nd to 3rd lowered the shift point mph between 2 and 3 , -4mph , but why would it need retuned after a rebuild ,also the speedo was off by about 7 mph I programed it for my 410,s but had to change the tune to 373 gear ratio to get the speedo right ,he has rebuilt the tranny twice in 3 months due to a busted sprag ,but the first rebuild didnt cause any tuning issues ?
Old 09-04-2009, 12:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks 4 all the help guys ,lol , are there even any transmission guys on this thread , no one could give me any answers on this thread ,i had 2 go 2 another site 4 help and they figured it out 4 me , thank god ,its like you guys only reply to the ones you may be able to sell to lol ,
Old 09-04-2009, 09:07 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Sorry i didnt see your post again till you posted you fixed the issue, Once fixed didnt see any reason for and additional reply . But to answer your question, Yes several things could affect the time it takes for the 2-3 shift to happen, Clutch clearance. Feel hole sizes etc, And of course if you did any power adders in the interm

Call 888-744-6542

Old 09-04-2009, 11:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by performabuilt
Sorry i didnt see your post again till you posted you fixed the issue, Once fixed didnt see any reason for and additional reply . But to answer your question, Yes several things could affect the time it takes for the 2-3 shift to happen, Clutch clearance. Feel hole sizes etc, And of course if you did any power adders in the interm
well I thought it was fixed ,I lowered the 2 to 3 shift -6mph and it shifted fine the day before the track of course ,but then at the track tonight it wouldnt shift again so I lowered them -8 and it shifted good but wouldnt shift if I tried to spray it, when it does shift it shifts firm but when it doesnt it just keeps climbing rpm,s so I let out , could it be the 2 to 3 shift solonoid ,ther only a month old but you never know ,I havent added any new mods , upping the line pressure also helped a little ,the dipstick is showing about inch and a half past full , also the speedo is off about 12 mph after the rebuild, any suggestions .....

Quick Reply: another tranny problem