Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with a PI 4k

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 11:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problems with a PI 4k

I recently sent my convertor to PI to have it rebuild and restalled. It was only around 3k before and was way to small for my new setup. Car wouldnt launch at all, would just fall on its face and wouldnt even do a burnout.

Got it back and installed and not much has changed. Can barely do a burnout and will only brake stall to about 2k. Even stalling it up and trying to launch it that way does no good.

We spent 2 hours last nite digging in the tune to make sure there isnt any issues in the tune and its flawless.

We can lock the car in second and launch it and it will only flash to about 3k. Same thing, rolling down the road, lock it in 3rd and it will only flash to about 3k. My shift extensions are also horrible. Car shifts at 6800 and it drops to around 4800 to 5k on shift. Its just like it is way to tight and my motor has little torque down low.

I havent called them yet and talked to them, but Ive checked part number by searching on here and it is for sure a 4k convertor.

I just dont know what the problem is and where to go from here. I am thinking sell this one, and go for like a ss4000 or maybe a pt4400. Everyone seems to love those and they seem to be tried and true, but I always thought the same about PI. But I dont know if Im missing something here or what?
Old 08-30-2009, 09:41 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

previous owner of my car had the same issue with PI after a restall. He sent it to Chris @ CircleD to be restalled and it was right on the money.