Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need alittle assistance with center console

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 11:17 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need alittle assistance with center console

Ok, so I'm doing some weding on the underside of the car and I need to pull back the carpet around the center console. I messed with it alittle but wanted to post up. I un-bolted the two bolts under the head unit, one on the passenger side, and one on the drivers side, unbolted 2 bolts inside actual console that loosen top of console, but I couldn't get the top piece to come free completely. I wasn't sure if it was the shifter holding it down or bolts I couldn't see under the head unit holding it down. How does the auto shift **** come off? Turn it counter clock-wise? Are thier any write-ups? Thanx guys.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stock shift **** uses a metal retaining staple on the front of the **** to hold it on the shaft..
You have to remove it in order to remove the shift **** a flat head screw driver will work..
Old 08-29-2009, 03:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, turn the car on dont start it up and pull it back to 1st gear. You should be able to see the staple. Pull it out and off comes the A4 ****.

Unscrew all the bolts and slide the cent top piece out while the car is in 1st gear and that should be that. Easy
Old 08-29-2009, 09:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanx fellas! Got it off.