Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem came back

Old 09-06-2009, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem came back

Went to the track last night did a burn out launched at 1500 1st gear felt good as soon as it shifted into 2nd rpms stuck at 5000 went into lock up i let off hit it again and it wouldnt come out of lock up???I left the track and hit it on the highway and it ran good...this happend a couple month ago took it to my tuner he didnt find anything wrong with it...so i pick it up took it to the track again and it worked fine a couple weeks ago...any ideas??
h/c ls1....ss4000 conv....dyno tuned by east texas muscle car
Old 09-07-2009, 07:39 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When you say lock up are making reference to the torque converter clutch or third gear? By reading your post your terminology sounds a bit off. I think you have a tuning issue by what I have tried to translate. I have read issues with guys doing a burn out and then the trans acting funny. The fix was in tuning. Maybe try another tuner. Vince B
Old 09-07-2009, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

i agree as well, to me it sounds like torque management is kicking in and almost always happens right after a shift. Check with your tuner and see what he did to that part of the tune, do you have a shift kit in there or a stall. How did he handle that part of the tune? Some people just adjust that table so you have some sort of torque management(basically saves the trans from abuse) and others will just zero out the tables so you have none. He might have just reduced the nubers which might not be enough for certain circumstances and you might be getting into torque management just enough to set it off and your car will act like a dog once it kicks in untill you back off the throttle a bit.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Pontiacerator

Received 193 Likes on 162 Posts

It sounds to me like you went into limp mode - the car would not shift out of second gear? Turn it off, restart and it runs normally?

If so, I had the identical problem at the track a few times after burnouts. It was solved by turning off P0502 & 503 VSS fault processing.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
When you say lock up are making reference to the torque converter clutch or third gear? By reading your post your terminology sounds a bit off. I think you have a tuning issue by what I have tried to translate. I have read issues with guys doing a burn out and then the trans acting funny. The fix was in tuning. Maybe try another tuner. Vince B
The torque converter went in to lock up after 1st gear so I let off and tried to hit it again and it wouldnt come out of lock up...
Old 09-07-2009, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blackhawk98
The torque converter went in to lock up after 1st gear so I let off and tried to hit it again and it wouldnt come out of lock up...
Originally Posted by BubaGumpShrimp
i agree as well, to me it sounds like torque management is kicking in and almost always happens right after a shift. Check with your tuner and see what he did to that part of the tune, do you have a shift kit in there or a stall. How did he handle that part of the tune? Some people just adjust that table so you have some sort of torque management(basically saves the trans from abuse) and others will just zero out the tables so you have none. He might have just reduced the nubers which might not be enough for certain circumstances and you might be getting into torque management just enough to set it off and your car will act like a dog once it kicks in untill you back off the throttle a bit.
I have a stage 2 transgo shift kit and a ss4000 stall and a trans cooler...I will ask my tuner and see what he thinks....what I dont get it worked fine a couple weeks ago...and it only happens at the track.

REVGTO: yup when I left the track it ran fine no slipping at all...

Last edited by blackhawk98; 09-07-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

I talked to my tuner...he said he turned off torque mannagement...any other ideas?? Or is my trans. just slippn
Old 09-08-2009, 12:43 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Did he turn off error reporting and the test for PO757 and PO751

Call 888-744-6542

Old 09-12-2009, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

I had a bad tps sensor could this be my problem?
Old 09-13-2009, 06:18 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A bad TPS will definitely effect the way a transmission functions and also the way the computer commands a transmission. Vince B
Old 09-13-2009, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

cool thanks...well i will find out if thats th e prob...

Search this Thread