Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What keeps a tranny from shifting before fuel cutoff & rev limiter?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What keeps a tranny from shifting before fuel cutoff, Set shift RPM & rev limiter?

I have a thread going in the pcm section but i'm having an issue with my tranny in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears drive and overdrive both. I've got my rev limiter/fuel cutoff in gear/bad vss ect set way high 7600 for safety and the wot shift tables set to shift at 6900. The car will NOT at all pull passed 6500-6550/82-85mph. Best way to describe it is if you have ever rented a rental car they put a ~4K rpm rev limiter in park and neutral. This is what its doing in each gear. If you get out of it a little before it shifts it will go into each gear fine. It just will not make a wot shift at 6500rpm or higher. Ive lowered my wot shift rpm down to 6000 and the car shifts at 5700 1 to 2, and 2nd to 3rd. Once you run 3rd gear out the big end it still wont do anything passed 6500-6550. Any help would be appreciated. I am posting here since maybe some tranny people might know somthing. Also posting a link to the PCM thead there are some data logs and tune posted in there along with trouble shooting we have tried.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...y-wot-rpm.html

Last edited by AutomagicLS1; 09-08-2009 at 06:28 AM. Reason: description