Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e LEAKING

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e LEAKING

I have a leak coming from my 4l60e trans. The trans has about 500 miles on the performance build done to it. I just had a ls6 engine installed sence then and a 2800 yank stall. sence I got it back there is tranny fluid leaking out from somewhere. It was covered with fluid so its hard to tell where it was coming from.

I jacked it up and cleaned it all off tightened the pan bolts then took it for a ride. I went about 12 miles and no leak.

The wife and I went for a 40 mile stop and go ride 2 days later and it was leaking again. I parked it in a oil free spot on driveway and it was coming out pretty good looked like front of trans I thought input seal.

I jacked the car up and cleaned it all off again and had the car running for about 45 min to see if i could find the leak for sure but again not a drop. I ran it threw all the gears and checked the fluid level and topped it off and nothing.

The shop I had install the motor is giving me the run around about it not being there fault and I cant afford there labor cost when they are already saying they didnt make a mistake.

Id be very greatful for any help. THANX.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

did you look to see if it's coming out the vent tube? it could be slightly over full and pushing fluid when it gets hot
Old 09-09-2009, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah sounds like your vent tube. I have the same problem too and my fix is running a hose back up to the trans dipstick. That away it juust pretty much recirculates.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Teching In

thanks ill be trying that today.ill post up if it dont work.

Quick Reply: 4l60e LEAKING