Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cooler Lines Leaking

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooler Lines Leaking

The cooler lines are leaking on my 2000 z28. There is fluid dripping off the A-frame, the lines, the clamp holding the the lines to the oil pan, the lines at the low spot neaxt to the tranny, the upper control arm bolt and the starter. Since there are no leaks off the tranny I think it's the lines. Could the 2 lines rub together enought to make a leak? ever heard of anything like this? How can I get them to leak while I'm under the car, jackstands in gear? I would like to only repair the one that is leaking. Any ideas or cause, how to isolate the problem or fix it would be great. I do have a number of pics if needed.
Ken In Fl.
Attached Thumbnails Cooler Lines Leaking-dscn0001.jpg   Cooler Lines Leaking-dscn0007.jpg  
Old 09-08-2009, 08:34 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Definitely possible that the lines could have rubbed together and caused a leak between the lines. I would suggest getting some degreaser and cleaning everything up very good. Then dry it off with compressed air or some brake clean that evaporates. Fire it up and look for the leak. Repair as necessary. Vince B