Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"transmission or speed scensor?"

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 08:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "transmission or speed scensor?"

my trans am is goign into reverse and drive just fine no jump no clicking sounds nothing, only think is the rmp wants to get ahead of me, the speeometer cant catch up to the rmp, im goign about 30-35 and the rmp is hittin 5 once i get around 80-90 car will stay until i let go of gas and give it gas again to turn over, im hoping its not the transmission i cant afford that right now but please give me suggestions comment maybe, like i said it goes into reverse and drive fine, doesnt jump or nothign just when i give it gas rmp wants to get ahead..thank you for the help..
Old 09-20-2009, 09:23 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm kind of confused here. Do you have an issue with the RPM's your tach is reading. Or the MPH your speedometer is reading?
Old 09-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Teching In

its both, look when i step on the gas the rpm goes up higher than it should u know what i mean, i step on the gas and the spedometer reads about 20 and the rpm is already at 5 and u can hear the engine reving but the car is still going slow and the engine sound like its over working. im not sure how to explain it ill try in a different way if u dnt understand cus i really need help..
Old 09-20-2009, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Fluid level and condition?
Old 09-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Teching In

yea i checked the fluid levels, i whent to drive it earlier and it hits first gear good but when it comes time for second it wont hit it, the rpm keeps going up and if i was to keep it goign it will letearary go all the way up but the speed increases very slowly during second, but if it punch it it goes from 0 to 60 just fine then around 80-90 the gar just revs up and wont switch gears liek when u drive a M6 and u dont hit gears and just keep giving it gas..