Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Won't shift at WOT

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 02:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Won't shift at WOT

Motor has a CC503, and has a mail order tune from Ion. Car is a 94 Formula, stock gears so far as we know, 2800-3200 stall from Monster. Car shifts fine at part throttle, at WOT though tach is up to 7k and does not shift.

I thought auto's with stalls were supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread?

I also have a question on the fluid level. Should I be able to see the fluid on the dipstick, really see it? Or is it good when it glistens just a little bit and you can wipe it with your finger and see it on your finger? I hate automatics and I don't have one in my car, but I really don't feel like my friends car having transmission issues if its a fluid level deal.

Last edited by camar0corey; 09-30-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

having the same problem with my 94. and no one seems to know.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...ont-shift.html
Old 09-30-2009, 05:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine did this and i adjusted my shift points (mph vs. rpm) a million times and after a couple weeks it just boiled down to the fact that i destroyed my trans, it started getting worse and worse until i could smell the fluid burning in the car and the fluid was BLACK and gritty...keep an eye on your fluid color and keep the trans cool until you can figure something out, hope it wasnt the same issue as mine!
Old 09-30-2009, 06:32 PM
Launching!

Alright, we are running a B&M cooler on it, so hopefully it won't run hot. What happened in our case, we poured another 1.5 quarts of fluid into it. Shifts at WOT and starts to move out at around 1500rpm now from a stop under part throttle.

I'm worried that its leaking fluid where the trans lines are threaded into the hose barbs for the cooler. I tightened them up a little more today, but they may still be leaking there. It says don't over tighten, but when are they over tight?
Old 09-30-2009, 07:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id think they are overtight when they restrict the flow of the coolant or start to puncture the hose...just let it sit and run for a while and see if it drips..
Old 09-30-2009, 07:15 PM
WANNABE GENIUS

Originally Posted by Trevor.j
having the same problem with my 94. and no one seems to know.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...ont-shift.html
Glad to know im not alone in this boat lol. My car was just tuned by speed inc and it didnt help any with there shift points. I think it is something that can be fixed without pulling the trans. We'll c. BTW Speed inc did an awsome job on my car if there ob here looking around
Old 10-01-2009, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

yea i tryed putting the extra oil in, also put a new tps in. im not smelling any burnt oil, and its not black. but every one thinks it is my clutch packs
Old 10-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Launching!

if you look at my threads you will see i posted this exact question, problem ended up being my tranny was done and i needed a new convertor