Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some advice, 4l60e slipping 1-2 shift

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 09:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some advice, 4l60e slipping 1-2 shift

Alright, I have a 99 T/A with a 3500 stall. When I bought the car a few months back, everything was great, shifted hard and quick. Recently at the track it would bounce of the Rev limit once before shifting in to second. Then it slowly started doing it more and more and now it slips when shifting from first to second (shifting takes a long time and the RPMs shoot up, but the car never really stops accelerating). if I keep the shifter in second and floor it at say 50 MPH it runs up to redline. It does fine when I leave the line and it pulls hard also fine in third and OD but it's a mother shifting in to second and when in second. It almost feels like I need to stay on the gas to get it to shift from first. It has not been tuned after the stall was installed. Any sugestions? I am hoping and praying that it's just a tune issue and not a rebuild in my future. Any help would be great. Other mods are cat back and lid. Nothing internal.

Thanks in advance!!
Josh
Old 10-01-2009, 09:14 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, If it is in need of a rebuild, What is the going rate to have one built better than stock? Thanks again,
Josh

Quick Reply: Need some advice, 4l60e slipping 1-2 shift