Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

flywheel problems?

Old 10-12-2009, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default flywheel problems?

lately i have been heard a ticking noise coming from under my car and all over a sudden it went away and when i started my car it sounded like metal getting thrown around in my cylinders but coming from the transmission. now you can hear a slight tick underneath at idle and when i put it into gear it sounds like metal breaking for about a second. and then goes away. it drives fine and has no power loss so does anyone have any ideas?
Old 10-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Teching In

you should pull your trans out and take a look @ your fly wheel it may be on backwords, bent, or you may be missing teeth of your flywheel now if your motor is a high compression motor i had the same prob just had to replace my starter and flywheel.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

mine is kind of doing the same thing but what trany do you have. my bolt came loose on the valve body
Old 10-13-2009, 11:35 AM
On The Tree

i have the 4l60e POSSIBLY with a shift kit-came like that when i bought it. i havent pulled it so i dont think it would be on backwards. and what kind of power would it take to bend it? because all i have is intake and exhaust. now that you say starter-it kind of sounds like it could be that not fully disengaging? i have no idea but it starts fine. just now coming back from school i was waiting at the gate to get in my apartment and it sounded like something rattle

Search this Thread