Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas Performance Transmissions shop in humble

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 06:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Texas Performance Transmissions shop in humble

I want to build my transmission and i was looking into this place texasperformancetransmissions.com....and i wanted to get this combo:4L60E Competition Level I

Complete overhaul of your 4L60E transmission including all new clutches, gaskets and seals. Kevlar band 3" wide! Borg Warner performance upgraded clutches, Beast sun shell, Corvette servo, and ZPak 18 disc 3rd and 4th clutch pack.
All bushings are checked for wear and replaced as needed.
Torque converter not included, torque converter prices vary according to year models.
6 month warranty

$800.00
......................is this a goodshop??....is it a good price?............any suggestions would help thanks
Old 11-14-2009, 06:29 PM
Staging Lane

Humble,Tx
Old 11-14-2009, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

IMO I would get a transmission from a sponsor here who specializes building these transmissions to takes abuse such as Performabuilt, Finish Line, RPM etc.

I made the mistake the first time with a rebuilt by having it done locally with essentially the same parts on your list. The tranny didn't last 7k miles and it was behind only 387 rwhp and never raced - highway miles only.

I now have a Performabuilt Level III hanging behind a Yanked ATI D1SC 347 with 565 rwhp and it hasn't missed a beat yet. Plus if it does go bad Performabuilt will rebuild it for only $950.

If it were me I would call Frank at Performabuilt, get his opinion on your combo and maybe start with a Level I or II for a few hundred dollars more.

Note: Review the parts list on the Level I or II and compare it your list.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:16 AM
Staging Lane

they only offer a 6month warranty

Quick Reply: Texas Performance Transmissions shop in humble