Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st gear bind up?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st gear bind up?

I rebuilt my 4L60E out my 99 silverado.It was working fine before I took it out,But when apart the clutch's were worn,Any way I put it back together and in manual 1st it seems like its binding up and when I give it gas it seems to bounce kind of and the back wheels stop turning when I let off the gas.When I put it in 4th it does not seem to shift but 2nd and 3rd,4th & reverse work only when I manually put it in gear.The truck is up on jack stands,I did not take it for a ride yet.I took out torque management in the tune.What do you think it could be............Paul
Old 12-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Launching!

I'm thinking I put the wrong bolt in the valvebody
Old 12-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Launching!

OK I fixed it.Took the pan off and noticed one of the plugs was off the shift solenoid,I don't know if I knocked it off when I took the pan off or it was knocked off before.I checked the VB bolts they were fine.I put back a stock spring that I changed in one of the bores, Bolted it back up,Put trans fluid in,tried it out,Only 1st & 2nd gear WTF!!! Then I noticed my speedometer wasn't working hmmmm, I went back under the truck switched 2 plugs around on the transfer case and everything works great!!!! Time for a beer MERRY CHRISTMAS
Old 12-31-2009, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

Hope mine is that easy!