Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hughes tranny equal junk

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 04:44 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hughes tranny equal junk

Well I finally manned up and went auto from being 6spd car threw thick and thin.Well what a diaster this has been,dropped the car off to a reputable shop last october to put in a hughes turbo 400 rvmb with the brake.Well get the car back 1st day driving it I lose reverse and the trans brake no longer works.Never really worked anyway.Not even 1 mile on the tranny.Ends being alot of metal shavings in the tranny and the band somehow burned up.Hughes sends me anthoner tranny and same thing after maybe 20 miles of driving it.Plus the tranny is like crop duster when the converter flashes comes pissing out the overflow and yes the fluid was not overfilled.So I have spent lot of money had to bring this car back forth to the shop doing the work which is 21/2 hrs away.I should ahve stayed 6spd so well tell me it will be worth while to switch cause as of right now im at a complete loss just nogthing ever works right the first time on my car.Sorry for the rant but hughes thanx for nogthing but busted tranny
Old 01-16-2010, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

sorry to hear that.....been there done that .......and it was not FUN!!!!!

call FLT......they saved our asses!
Old 01-16-2010, 10:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah dont blame the trans, blame the people. Been there done that. Unfortunitaly, there are people/companies out there that think they can assemble and sell a working trans, and couldnt no matter how many times to save there lives
Old 01-17-2010, 09:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 228 Likes on 161 Posts

Hughes has been around a long time, not defending them as i have never bought anything from them, but 2 trans in a row would make me wonder if something else is wrong, dont know the quality of the shop you took it to,
but converter could be in wrong, not fully engauged in pump (whos converter) etc, even wrong flywheel/converter setup
sorry your having problems, hope it gets straighened out
Old 01-17-2010, 11:58 AM
9 Second Club

The shop that did work has used hughes for yrs with no problems,They have done this swap many of times without incident.I pretty sure converter and tranny was set up by hughes.The flywheel i'm not sure what it is as of right now.

Quick Reply: Hughes tranny equal junk