Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SPONSORS, do you offer trans rebuild kits?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 09:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default SPONSORS, do you offer trans rebuild kits?

I've looked across a few of your sites, and am thouroughly confused. Does anyone offer a HP level based rebuild kit???

I'm getting ready to rebuild a stock '06 4L60E out of a pickup to go behind my friend's '77 GMC, 6.0 LQ4 swap. The motor is going to be stock with a tune for now, but he's wanting a 500ish HP trans. Will see decent strip use, no stall.

I work at a Ford dealership and build transmisions at work, so doing it isn't a problem. I'm basically in need of some help with my shopping list to acheive the reliability goal with that HP.

So far my shopping list includes the following:

Transgo Sep. Plate
Raybestos 3-4 hi-energy pak
billet 1-2 accumulator piston
Full rebuild kit with HP clutches
Beast sunshell
Corvette Servo

All these parts i've sorced from transmissionpartsusa.com

But, i'd much rather buy from someone that knows what's needed for this build and maybe offeres a comprehensive kit.

Soo, before I make the purchase, anyone got suggestions on my list? Maybe some tips/hints?
Old 02-04-2010, 08:38 PM
11 Second Club

Dang, this must be a real taboo subject! I guess asking someone to give away their HP to parts list might be asking a lot though.

Back to using the search box I go! If anyone wants to comment feel free, if not, no biggie.

I'll try to keep this thread going with my personal build, going to snap a few pics along the way. As far as the trans working in general i'm not concerned. I've done a few with no issues that were total meltdowns. I just want it to hold up under a 'little' over stock power.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parts

call Dana @ http://www.700r4l60e.com/
Old 02-04-2010, 09:38 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks! This was exactly what I was looking for!

Thank You!
Old 02-07-2010, 08:47 AM
11 Second Club

Got a chance to talk with Dana, wow. I think we talked for like 1 minute on the actual kits, and 1 hr about what he puts in them and why. Way more than I was expecting, he really went above and beyond to explain the kit contents and what each piece is included does.

I'll definately be purchasing my trans parts from him. The prices are good, the service is better. Nice to see that someone out there sells kits for those of us who are capable of the work but unsure what to upgrade.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

BTW on performabuilts website there is full lists of parts in the tranny's details. However they dont actually sell the stuff is what frank told me I believe.