Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for RMS425 about TCI 6 sp auto

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 12:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question for RMS425 about TCI 6 sp auto

While I find info saying and telling about what's needed to use TCI's 6 sp with any LS engine, nothing about if it will work with all LS ECM's.

LS3 ECM needs ISS siginal from 4L trans to work.

I found one video where TCI rep says that trans will work with any LS1 or LS2 engine, but nothing saying it will work with LS3 or LS7 engines.

Does TCI's 6 speed have ISS sensor installed to support LS3 ECM needs and/or does TCI's controller have capability to emulate ISS signal to support late model LS3 ECM?

Hope I explained my question correctly. I've got a problem with "Project Scope Creep" on below project "THE LOOK", so using built A4 has become a problem of being a detractor an 5 or 6 speed manual trans is not an option due to knee problems as replacement.

Project Build thread. Why I'll be moving to the Poor House Next...

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...d.php?t=130528
Old 02-15-2010, 09:07 AM
Teching In

The 6X will only work with our controller. But it has the ISS at the front of the transmission so you should be able to splice into the wires going to it for your signal.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:41 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by rsm425
The 6X will only work with our controller. But it has the ISS at the front of the transmission so you should be able to splice into the wires going to it for your signal.
Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm assuming there is probably a connector like one in picture. The pins with red circles are ISS.

Looks like either way it will work.

One more question.

Does your controller software do speed matching when you downshift, are do I have to do same as with manual trans?

If not I'll have to remember when to do that and when it's done for me by controller...
Old 02-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Teching In

No, it connects at the front part of the case just above the shift lever. It is a 2-prong connector that is identical to the OSS. As far as the speed matching, it will allow you to do it if you are in the simple manual shift mode of the TCU. True manual mode downshifts as soon as you hit the button or paddle shifter.