Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 4L60E problem?

I just bought a 94 Z28 for 1800. It has a rebuilt motor, but needs tranny work. It feels as if it has no 1st gear. It has no pick up at all from a dig. And also it has no overdrive at all. Stays in 3rd on the highway, with me cruising at around 3k rpms. Also, when cold in the morning, reverse slips bad. Only seems to work once the car is warmed up. Am I looking at something electrical or does my tranny need to be rebuilt? Its not throwing any check engine lights. Any help would be appreciated. New to the lt1 thing. A lot different then a 1980 firebird.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

does it have 2nd gear? I had a problem kinda like that. When you shift into reverse, is it just a hard shift into the gear? Does it shift hard into drive when cold if you were going forward instead of backing up? Mine needed a 3-2solenoid and it got rid of the 3rd gear start(limp mode). But my harness on the valve body also had some broken connectors. I used to start mine up, let it run 5 mins or so, shut it off for 30seconds, then i had all 4 gears and it shifted great. Might give that a shot, could point you in the right direction, but it sounds electrical to me.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Teching In

On cold starts, it will go into reverse and drive, but wont move. I have to give it alot of gas for it to move even a little. But once the car warms up, then it reverses and goes into drive fine. Pretty sure its not going into 1st because the car feels like it lags alot from a stop, and definitely no overdrive on the highway. 2nd and 3rd seem to shift fine though