Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New transmission time I think!!!!

Old 03-07-2010, 08:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New transmission time I think!!!!

So yeah my tranny lines were leaking and I installed some new stainless steel braided lines with 6AN fittings in my 4l60E to correct this and yes I have no leaks although my car was not shifting or eve acting right after this. I had it rebuilt about 5 years ago I guess now allthough it has maybe 10K on it. It has sat for some time it seems being my project and being gone in the military. I took it for a ride and it seemed like it didn't really want to go at all. I have a Vig 3200 stall in it and I I know it seems to have a difference in driving for sure but ****, When I give it gas it should have that big off a hesitation before going. I mean litterally I went up a slight hill to get back to my house to check the fluid and it was at like 4000 rpm's. I need something that will handle some power and will be quick to react to the throttle. What should I invest in. I've read post for sure and some say to rebuild with bad *** parts and then some to swap for a th350 ot 700R4. I've also seen the
200 4R. Not sure what to do from this point. Pisses me off becasue prior to fixing the leaks it just leaked not really acted like a dog. I did fix another leak which was the VehicleSpeedSensor. I just replaced it straight up. I seriously thought I left it unplugged and jacked the car up to look and it was plugged in. Not sure what the hell is going on. Any advice and inputs would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long story, just angry is all and looking for answers!
Old 03-07-2010, 09:07 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does your speedometer work after the sensor was replaced? Also is the transmission full of oil? It seems to me that something happened in the course of your repairs is where I'm going with this.

If you are low on fluid then your trans might be slipping. If your speedo is not working then I am going to assume that your vehicles computer might have been thrown into a limp mode. This would be a 3rd gear start condition. This might explain the 4000rpm condition you explained earlier.

Take what I have posted for what it is and take a look to see what you find. Feel free if you are in need of a transmission to give us a call to see what FLT can do for you!
Old 03-08-2010, 10:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
Does your speedometer work after the sensor was replaced? Also is the transmission full of oil? It seems to me that something happened in the course of your repairs is where I'm going with this.

If you are low on fluid then your trans might be slipping. If your speedo is not working then I am going to assume that your vehicles computer might have been thrown into a limp mode. This would be a 3rd gear start condition. This might explain the 4000rpm condition you explained earlier.

Take what I have posted for what it is and take a look to see what you find. Feel free if you are in need of a transmission to give us a call to see what FLT can do for you!
My speedometer works just fine, not sure what the hell is going on. Maybe the computer is tripping out becasue the battery has been disconnected for a month and a half and needs to readjust or some ****. Cnat see that but I guess it could be possible. It has plenty of fluid now. I ran it around the block and it did this and then added about a qt I would say. It seemed to a little better but still acted like it had a 5000 stall convertor in it, diffently not like it was slipping but more like it doesn't have that I need to go like right now when I hit the throttle! It has a 3200 vig stall in it and it seemed alot more snappy when I first instlled the stall vrs now. To me every since I added the stall it seem to run all fucked up like. Not sure if it is the stall making it feel this way or not but I do know that it has a hellified delay for sure! Does anyone else feel that adding 6an fittings and stainless steel braided lines can make it do this, as the xtra fluid and maybe pressure make it run different and potentially may be freaking my trans and computer out????

Search this Thread