Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

th400 swap question

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 07:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default th400 swap question

Ok, i did the th400 swap yesterday. My question is what way should the shift bar from the 4l60 go on the 400? Like I have it facing up or should it go facing down. I ask because when i put the trans in the car the shift cable broke after going threw the gears, it was binding up. The trans started out in first gear when shifter was in park, I put it in netrual for 3rd gear in the trans and moved it around the yard then went to park it and the cable binded and broke. So I was wondering if I had the bar on the wrong way. I have a picture of the 400 at the bottom so everyone can see what i'm talking about.

Last question, the 400 has a vss on it and I was wondering if the pulse for the 400 will work with the stock speedo in the car, its a 98.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Its upside down, or downside up lol.

Flip it down. That's why everything is reverse. Find instructions for a shifter installation and follow it closely to ensure you have it calibrated just right.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank You, I thought it was upside down but I didn't get a chance to flip it down. It started raining and my back yard turns into a pond once it rains.