Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E rebuild question

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 10:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60E rebuild question

i kindof find this a little odd, i got my trans rebuilt about a month ago, its built up to what would be considered a level 2 rated trans "500 horse rated". the guy that built it put a 1900 stall in it, now this is what he does for a living but ive noticed that if im at WOT when it comes to shift the car will end up bouncing the rev limiter and i have to let off of it some for it to shift? can someone explain maybe why this is happening, i plan on bringing it back to the guy, just hadnt had the time and tech has taught me a lot more than really anybody else on my cars lol. thanks in advance guys
Old 04-20-2010, 05:45 PM
Staging Lane

apparently youre not very bright of a jackass, the 1900 is maybe only 300 over stock but it takes the load off of the tranny you idiot, if your opinion is to point a finger and basically say that the dude messed up than just dont post, everything i wanted was done to the trans, im just trying to figure out if a solenoid may be going bad or if i need to flash the computer or what, man some people need to thing before they give an opinion.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Launching!

I guess you could have a solenoid or a valve hanging up. Im assuming you are using the same PCM/ tune as with the old trans and the old trans never did this? Dont know if maybe the PCM is making it shift higher than your rev limit is set or if there is an actual valve body/ sol prob. I would have your guy check it out. I had a SS that would do that while man shifting it but in D it would shift dead on every time. Car was all stock. anyways hope you get it fgured out.