Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lost 2nd gear???

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 02:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lost 2nd gear???

what would cause a loss of second gear ? i have all gears except second what controls second gear to my under standing the band controls both second and 4th correct? so what could cause a loss of second gear? bad solenoid? somethung stuck in the valve body? any ideas? thanks tried manually shifting trans with a shafer shifter and it did the same thing so it has to be an internal trans problem. thanks in advance for the help.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

this is the trans ive been trying to get straight after i had a transmission shop out of phoenix arizona rebuild it and yes the same trans that had no 3-4. and now after i put it together i had second gear at first than lost it. not sure why and trying to figure out and i used a new torque converter every time ive swapped transmissions . ok enough criticizing please im looking for help not criticism. if your here to critcize me dont bother writing back all im asking for is some help.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:01 PM
On The Tree

i have all of my gears except for 2nd. i have 1,3,and4 just no 2nd
Old 04-28-2010, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

bro you give really good advice and thats all im looking for i just dont need the critcism thanks for the help you have given and hopefully you wont be criticizing as much anymore
Old 04-28-2010, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

yes the accumulator has a plastic piston in it. i will check it asap. also not sure how to check what my servo is set for didnt know it was adjustable. thanks this information is i great i appreciate man
Old 04-30-2010, 12:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tallreyes
yes the accumulator has a plastic piston in it. i will check it asap. also not sure how to check what my servo is set for didnt know it was adjustable. thanks this information is i great i appreciate man
My second is gone as well, if you just simply fix second it's only a matter of time before it happens again. I'm just getting a built trans now. Should be in next week!