Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

th350 shifter installment... tried looking but cant find

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Default th350 shifter installment... tried looking but cant find

ok i have a b&m ratchet shifter and i use to have a t56 how the heck do i get this thing to work!!!!! Im having a hard time mounting it and running the cable.... i know nothing about auto transmission! thanks!
Old 05-04-2010, 08:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

running the cable you want a nice long loop throught the floor forward then curve toward the passenger side of the trans then loop all the way around backwards to the driver side of the trans. if you try to loop it too tight the shifter will bind. as far as mounting, in my mustang (ls1 with a b&m megashifter) i just use 5/16 self taping bolts and start um with the drill but then tighten them fully with the ratchet so i dont strip the floor.

if your putting it in a fourth gen i would first mount a flat piece of sheetmetal to the floor so you have a flat spot to mount the shifter.

this is the only picture i have handy but you can kinda see the shifter in the corner and tell that there is a flat piece of metal (which i self tapped to the floor) that the shifter sits on.

hope that helps.
Attached Thumbnails th350 shifter installment... tried looking but cant find-stanggauges.jpg  
Old 05-05-2010, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i have the identical shifter except not so tall!
Old 05-05-2010, 12:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mine isnt tall either. it just looks that way cuz its in a mustang.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heres where im at on my install

Going to weld the plate (used 1/4" thick plate steel... super overkill) then drill the hole for the cable, drill holes threw the plate for the mounting bolts, then going to use some grade 8 bolts and locking nuts to bolt the shifter to the plate.

Then im going to run a bead of ultra copper around the bottom of the plate where it meets the old 6 speed opening to seal it, then paint both sides of the plate black.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that looks good! hopefully i can get it to look good ill try to take some pics of my put together! if anyone has anymore or a how to thatll be great!