Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 05:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4l60e problem

I just got done putting a 5.3l in a s-10 and got a 4l60e behind it. I have no gears at all its like i am putting the truck in neutral no mater what gear i put it in well park works. I put a new converter in the tranny and transmission was working fine before the install i got good fluid flow to the cooler. SOME ON PLEASE HELP the only thing i can think of is the converter but was wondering i had a wire harness build and if on was not right or if the pin was not making contact would this cause a problem like this. I don't know much about these transmissions use to the older trany. thanks
Old 05-30-2010, 06:40 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

ok so you have fluid pressure then correct as you say from flow to the cooler so the convetert is engaged and working, did you by chance remove the valve body from the transmission for any reason if so you may have forgot to connect the manual valve link, if not then you may have a bad converter. if the trans didnt have power you would at least have third gear also what is the 4l60e out of did it come from behind a 5.3 or ls based motor and what converter did you get for what yrs
Free Cooler, Free shipping always, 2 year warranty Trans/Coverter combos, No Core or Core charge, $150 LS1 core buy back, All trans Dyno Tested to Be sure it works when you get it.Customer videos, Tech Thread, Open 7 Days a Week! Call or http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=performabuilt&m=g&t=2Click Banner for Website.
Not Just Built.....PerformaBuilt!

Old 05-30-2010, 07:26 PM
Teching In

the transmission is out of the s-10 with a bellhousing swap with the 12 O'clock bolt hole had to change because the converter is for a ls base motor the converter is a bdr 3500 3800 as far as yrs the converter is they just asked me if it was lt base motor or ls base i figured they were all the same i guess if its the coverter they should replace it has a one yr warrinty and there is not driving on it at all
Old 05-30-2010, 08:01 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The issue you have is you have the wrong input shaft and stator in your transmission. Vince
Old 05-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
The issue you have is you have the wrong input shaft and stator in your transmission. Vince
ok now i was told that they were the same can i get that the right one installed or do i need to get another newer transmission i dont know a whole lot about transmissions so i am going by what i read on forms and word of mouth from local transmission shops or what would u suggest i do? i just figured as long as the splines on the converter matched the splines on the transmission it would work but like i said i not sure