Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my 4L60E on its last leg?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 05:58 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is my 4L60E on its last leg?

The trans has about 46K miles on it and at 41K I had the pan dropped and the filter changed and some new fluid added. I've not had any problems with the car day in and day out for the last 5K miles. Well today I left work to head out for some lunch and with the car idling where it has for the last 6 yrs/20K miles with its mild cam/tune I put it into reverse and the car lunged violently...enough that the car twisted on the suspension a bit and I about pissed myself. It did the same thing when I shifted it into drive after backing out. It did this for the remainder of my lunch, however if I paused in neutral first before going into drive that seemed to help a bunch. However when the car was going from 1-2 and so on up to 4th it was all normal. When I went to head home from work, everything was fine and dandy and the initial lunging in reverse and drive had stopped. It all seems to be OK again.

Anybody have any thoughts? My thought is to have it diagnosed, but wanted to see if any of you had any ideas. I spoke with my older brother tonight and he thought it was the solenoids being gunked up and that it would continue to be a problem and get worse.

Quick Reply: Is my 4L60E on its last leg?