Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with my TH350!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 09:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with my TH350!!!

Alright guys, I'm having an issue with my TH350 right now.

I swapped a new motor in my car about a year ago. High comp. chevy 350. I chose to go with a higher stall than stock, so I choose a 3300-3500. This summer when driving my car, I no longer was able to sqeak the tires on shifts, and my trans had a B&M shift kit in it.

When driving around normally, there was a considerable whine coming from my shifter. I assumed a planetary was going in my trans. I bought a rebuild TH350 and put it in today. There was hardly any fluid in the converter when we pulled it out, so I assumed the pump was bad on the trans. I we put the new trans in, buttoned it up, and took her for a spin. It still will not squeak the tires, and the whine is still there.

So my question is, Is the converter just a lemon? Should I swap my stock converter in and see if there is an improvement?

Will a bad converter whine very loudly with just normal driving?
Or is this a rear gear problem.

Any help will be great. Thanks!
Old 06-17-2010, 10:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok, I will look into that. Thanks!

Anyone else have any ideas?

Bro Inc, could the converter just be garbage. It was bought brand new. After the converter was installed my chirp went away. Is that just something that comes with the higher stall??? EDIT: Also the whine? It's quite noticeable.

Last edited by 92builtbird; 06-17-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

I don't have the specs off the top of my head right now. I can get them though. It's a high comp. 350, milled 192 heads, edelbrock intake, 650 double pumper, with a pretty big cam. I took the car out yesterday and it was pretty much undrivable.

It was slipping like crazy, and I couldn't go over 30 mph. I'm throwing in a 2000 stall I have laying around today, and I'll see where that gets me.