Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E bottomed out.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60E bottomed out.....

What up people....

I was at the dragstrip a few weekends ago, and my dumbass was trying to launch with hockey pucks for tires, and a stock torque arm!! Stupid, yes indeed!

I had 3:73's with a detroit locker, stock torque arm, and crappy tires. Transmission is 4L60E/A4. Got a real, real bad case of wheel-hop and she finally hooked. Afterwards on the decel, I got a real bad bearing noise that sounded like it was from rear end, possibly pinion area. Horrible vibes as well, my night was done.com....

I limped to a lift I have access to, and found that I damaged the drive shaft, bent the torque arm and busted it completely out of the stock clamshell mount. I bought 4:10's, new bearings for rear-end, chrome-moly 1350 series driveshaft, new pinion yoke and tranny slip yoke to match 1350 series upgrade, new BMR torque arm with a relocation crossmember for tranny mount and torque arm mount, all of which are poly mounts. Everything is installed sweetly!!

Problem now is in 3rd gear mainly I have a hellacious vibe, sometimes get a lurch on decel in the tranny, and at any speed if I put the car in neutral it vibrates center console something fierce!! I must mention that after all this happened and I went to go pull the stock driveshaft out that I literally had to hammer the **** out of it to break it free.....splines looked good on tranny though. Is it possible I bottomed the slip yoke out internally when I busted the torque arm and damaged the tranny?

Any replies would be awesome thanks!!
Anyone else do this?
Old 06-23-2010, 01:17 AM
On The Tree

i have heard of people tweaking the tailshaft in the trans. that will make it out of balance and give you a lot of vibration. Just an idea...
Old 06-23-2010, 07:22 AM

Thanks guys....I do need to double check the pinion angle since one of the stock exhaust mount bolts, attaches to the transmission and is blocking me from adjusting my torque arm up and down on the crossmember. I will just hack the tailshaft and get a shorter bolt....Pinion might be the issue

Thanks again

Quick Reply: 4L60E bottomed out.....