Sponsored by:

Need ideas on whats going on with my swap to an auto

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 05:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need ideas on whats going on with my swap to an auto

Okay so here is my situation. 01 cmaro Z28 with heads cam fast intake and tb
i switched to a 4l60e with yank ss4000 converter from manual. The test drive with the installer and tuner in the car went fine. I did no big wot throttle driving as i need to break in the converter so there is a little tuning thats need to be done but around town i was good. I put around 20 miles on it took it to the store and restarted it everything was great get home pull it in the drive way as i press the brake to slow down it dies. Then it becomes very hard to start. it will crank but die now if i press the gas pedal it starts but have to keep the gas pedal in or it dies it looks like some excess gas is going out the tailpipe. I have checked for vacum leaks disconnected connector anything out of the ordinary i cant find nothing. The best way i can describe this is when is switched to bigger injectors from stock the car would start but needed to hold the gas down to keep it running thats what this feels like not saying this is the issue. The shop that did the tune and install are great I 100 percent trust them. Any ideas thanks