Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e shifting kit installed but shifting is slower

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 11:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4l60e shifting kit installed but shifting is slower

Hello i recently rebuilt my 4l60e, using the TCI overhaul kit which includes the shift kit that is supposed to improve shifting.
I also bought from TCI the Shift boss programmer that has 3 shifting programs, stock , 2, and 3 !
As i drive the car now normally shifting is pretty okay.
when its under some load, like going up hill on medium throttle, i feel a kid of slippage but its not slippage from 2nd to 3rd gear, the engine feels revving but the car is not moving for a fraction of second.
At WOT even when the shift boss is in option 3. shifting is very slow, almost slower than how it used to be when it was stock.
I dont have any tune on the car. it is still bone stock.
Some people said i should tune via hp tuners the oil pressure for the shifting points or something like that. Is that the problem? or could it be something else.
PS: i checked oil level and it is perfect. and Transmission was rebuilt by a professional.
Best Regards.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Launching!

Bring it back to the "professional" who rebuilt it.It sounds like a problem in the trans.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Teching In

why ? is there anything inside the gearbox that can be installed in a wrong way ?
Old 07-15-2010, 12:07 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

What did you set the 3-4 clutch clearance to? How many frictions?
What 2nd servo do you have and what was your servo travel?
Old 07-15-2010, 12:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ramzisleiman
why ? is there anything inside the gearbox that can be installed in a wrong way ?
The 3-4 clutch material, friction disc count, clearances, feed hole sizes, servo size all have to be correct and match or you'll have a tie up or cut loose. Which it sounds like you have, a cut loose.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Teching In

I actually didnt know that ! i am not a builder! how can i know if this is the problem ? i have to open it again now ?
Old 07-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ramzisleiman
I actually didnt know that ! i am not a builder! how can i know if this is the problem ? i have to open it again now ?
The first build I did I had to open up a few times.
I'd suggest not going off even stock specs for clearances, not even the ones in the ATSG book. (if you have that)

The 3-4 clutch needs to be set to performance spec clearances.
The servo travel needs to be set properly. You did put the spring back in it right? the one between the servo and case.

Usually I'd suggest the seperator plate hole sizes be changed but I just read the TCI kit instructions and they don't have you change the 3rd feed or the band release hole sizes so I'm leaning more toward a clutch clearance problem, or at worst an internal leak, ripped gasket, etc.