Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3-4 accumulator pin help

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 09:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 3-4 accumulator pin help

I tried pulling my 3-4 accumulator pin from the case because i have a hardened one that will be replacing; at atleast. I cant get it to come out and it is all scuffed and has deep marks in it with the pliers. Is there an easy way to do this?
Thanks
Old 07-16-2010, 10:31 AM
11 Second Club

Also i had stippeed the heads off of two bellhousing to case t50+ bolts and was wondering where people get their replacement bolts from... the dealer wants 8$ a peice!!!
Old 07-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

To get the pin out put the trans back in the car and act like you're assembling it. I can't keep mine in when trying that, in fact I have three 4L60E's right now and the pins fall right out on all of them.

To get a stuck pin out use some vise grips clamped on as tight as you can and heat the aluminum just a little.

For the bellhousing bolts keep an eye on ebay, I just sold a whole set for $15 shipped. Theres a new set on there now for $40, but I've seen them come and go for cheap. Look around too, I bought a V6 4L60E off craigslist for $30, thats where the bolts I sold came from.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

On second thought, I'd plug the accumulator feed. You don't even need to install the piston when you do that. The fourth accumulator is the only one you should ever block, it'll firm up the 3-4 shift a tiny bit. A lot of builders do this.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:48 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jays_SSZ28
To get the pin out put the trans back in the car and act like you're assembling it. I can't keep mine in when trying that, in fact I have three 4L60E's right now and the pins fall right out on all of them.

To get a stuck pin out use some vise grips clamped on as tight as you can and heat the aluminum just a little.

For the bellhousing bolts keep an eye on ebay, I just sold a whole set for $15 shipped. Theres a new set on there now for $40, but I've seen them come and go for cheap. Look around too, I bought a V6 4L60E off craigslist for $30, thats where the bolts I sold came from.
Originally Posted by Jays_SSZ28
On second thought, I'd plug the accumulator feed. You don't even need to install the piston when you do that. The fourth accumulator is the only one you should ever block, it'll firm up the 3-4 shift a tiny bit. A lot of builders do this.
Thanks for the advise... i'll have to check into blocking the 4th accumulator. What would i block the hole with?

Last edited by importkiller_SS; 07-16-2010 at 11:53 AM.

Quick Reply: 3-4 accumulator pin help