Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny shop in NY that works on 4l60e

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 05:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tranny shop in NY that works on 4l60e

I have had trans issues for a while. The trans is a performance bulit tranny but it seems to be slipping or the converter is bad, i cant tell if it is one or both. Does anyone know if there is a shop i could bring it to so they can diagnos the problem? I am in lower ny so nj or even ct is ok. I really dont want to pull the trans and ship it out and then get it back and there is a problem, i been down that road before. The car pulls hard from 1-2nd but when it hits second the car feels like a slug the revs go up but the car isnt pulling hard? I am just gonna call it quits with the 4l60e and get a m6 swap if it cost to much to repair. Having spent over 3000 in this trans i am done. Sorry for the rant just feed up that noboby can build a 4l60e to handle a bolton lt1.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:34 AM
Teching In

good luck. i went threw the same thing with my 4l65e. the tranny i purchased was rated for 650hp. my car only has about 500 to the crank and i lost 3rd and 4th in less than three months. it sucks cause its under warranty but i i have to pay for my vendor to take it out and then install. expensive hobby. unless you actually see them put it together and know what there putting in, you wont know what there getting. go to performance shop. theres lots. i'll mention some, but you'll get people chiming in as to this guys good or this guy sucks. vette doctors in amity, corvettes of westchester in ossining, ttp performance in little ferry. get a 1 or 2 year warranty that covers for dismantle and putting back in
Old 07-24-2010, 06:08 PM
12 Second Club

I can vouch for TTPerformance. They do great work they saved my brothers car and gona bring mine there shortly for an M6 to A4 swap. I have heard good things about vette doctors and east coast supercharging.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cam2z
I have had trans issues for a while. The trans is a performance bulit tranny but it seems to be slipping or the converter is bad, i cant tell if it is one or both. Does anyone know if there is a shop i could bring it to so they can diagnos the problem? I am in lower ny so nj or even ct is ok. I really dont want to pull the trans and ship it out and then get it back and there is a problem, i been down that road before. The car pulls hard from 1-2nd but when it hits second the car feels like a slug the revs go up but the car isnt pulling hard? I am just gonna call it quits with the 4l60e and get a m6 swap if it cost to much to repair. Having spent over 3000 in this trans i am done. Sorry for the rant just feed up that noboby can build a 4l60e to handle a bolton lt1.
its not that no-one can build a trans to hold the bolton lt1 its the builders you are chosing to do it think about it only 10 percent of mechanics can fix a trans and only 5 percent of those really know how they work and can modify them. I dunno where you have had it built at but I personally have a 4l60 running 9.80s and a few running in the mid 10s and the 9sec has been holding for over a yr. so it can be done I am not a big builder or anything just someone that does my homework so those are the kinda builders you need to find and there are a few of them on this site including sponsors.