Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks to all

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Thanks to all

I have a 99 z28 convert. Bought it about 6 weeks ago. Knew I needed to scrap the 2.74 gears in it right away and got a set of 3.73's with a Trutrac posi put in. Heard so many people on here swear by putting in a converter too. Well, I bit the bullet and got a 2800 stall converter and a TCI shift kit installed and it really freels like a totally different car. SO much more fun to drive. Never would have considered it until I heard everybody say how good a mod this is. THANK YOU TO ALL! My car is just bolt ons, flowmaster cat back, air lid, and SSDR air intake. Want to see how fast I can get it without removing the valve covers. Engine runs great and only has 52k on it. Got some new LCA's and Panhard bar to install when I do the frame connectors. When it was on the hoist at the trans shop I got to looking at the factory exhaust and started thinking that headers and y pipe will be the next bolt on.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by farmington
I have a 99 z28 convert. Bought it about 6 weeks ago. Knew I needed to scrap the 2.74 gears in it right away and got a set of 3.73's with a Trutrac posi put in. Heard so many people on here swear by putting in a converter too. Well, I bit the bullet and got a 2800 stall converter and a TCI shift kit installed and it really freels like a totally different car. SO much more fun to drive. Never would have considered it until I heard everybody say how good a mod this is. THANK YOU TO ALL! My car is just bolt ons, flowmaster cat back, air lid, and SSDR air intake. Want to see how fast I can get it without removing the valve covers. Engine runs great and only has 52k on it. Got some new LCA's and Panhard bar to install when I do the frame connectors. When it was on the hoist at the trans shop I got to looking at the factory exhaust and started thinking that headers and y pipe will be the next bolt on.
cool........have fun with it!