Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it slipping or something else?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is it slipping or something else?

I have a 02 WS6 T/A with a 4L60E. The car has 53,000 miles. The mods are as followes. Lid/K&N, Pace setter LTs, ORY and cat back. It has a performance tune via Diablo sport. The trans has a Trans-go reprogrammer in it with no spacers (washers). The last few days I notice that when it gets ready to shift into 4th there is a very quick hesitation before going into gear. This happens at part throttle and full throttle. Any ideas. What about some threads to look at on the subject.

Thanks guys

Vinny
Old 07-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Thats normal, it did that stock you just didn't feel it because the transgo kit makes tcc apply more firm.

The tcc locks up in third gear, right before it shifts into 4th it unlocks, shifts to 4th and locks back up. You're feeling the cutloose.

Most people disable 3rd gear lock up.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

I have had the reprogrammer in for a year and a half. I just started noticing this after I played with the tuner doing "MINOR" ajustments to shift times and speeds. All I did was to increase the shift speed by a few %. Is there a way I can shut off the 3rd gear lock up with my Diablo? How will this effect the trans?

Vinny
Old 07-27-2010, 08:17 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

I eliminated 3rd gear lock up because of that cut looose feeling, but I know guys that run with it like that.

You can eliminate 3rd gear lock up by setting the apply and release to max, like 256 mph.

If you have a stock converter it won't effect the trans much.
It can be a problem with a high stall converter because the longer it runs unlocked the hotter it gets, yet it will usually cause weird driveability problems trying to lock a high stall converter in 3rd.

I've never used a Diablo tuner, but I'd just disable tcc lock up in 3rd and see if it corrects the problem.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

I have a 4k stall and its programmed to lock up in 3rd. Its not so bad and it helps with a few things; mpgs, having conversations in the car, and I feel like I'm putting less wear and tear on the engine. None of these really matter but it works for me.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

I'll have to see if I can even adjust this with a Diablo. I wonder why I am just now feeling this?

Vinny