Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 z28 4l60e reverse issue forward gears all work

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 03:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 z28 4l60e reverse issue forward gears all work

the car used to back up funny like the e brake was on when i first rolled back and it would stop. last week it didnt move at all after messing around i reved it to about 4k and it backed up. ive done alot of reading but i wanted to see what you guys think. as far as i know it shifts thru all the gears normal. my car has the hypertech piggy back mudule and i think it controlls how the tranny acts too.
could it be anything else besides the sun gear? i drove thru a grassy lot so its possible something caught on something.
i just finished tech school and i cant afford a t56 or even another one of these at the moment. i might have to learn how to rebuild it so i need to find a affordable rebuild kit. ive done t5's before so i think i can do this one.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:15 AM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Does it drive in 4th?
Sounds like maybe the forward sprag is locked up.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jays_SSZ28
Does it drive in 4th?
Sounds like maybe the forward sprag is locked up.
im not sure how would i know im in 4th?
Old 07-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by hoursetraitor
im not sure how would i know im in 4th?
It would be the third shift starting from a stop. You could pull it down in third and back to 4th and see an rpm difference.

If the forward sprag is locked up it'll do something unusual in 4th, it might feel like the brakes are on, it might not have 4th at all.

The forward sprag freewheels in reverse and 4th, if it's locked up it'll do what you described in reverse.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jays_SSZ28
It would be the third shift starting from a stop. You could pull it down in third and back to 4th and see an rpm difference.

If the forward sprag is locked up it'll do something unusual in 4th, it might feel like the brakes are on, it might not have 4th at all.

The forward sprag freewheels in reverse and 4th, if it's locked up it'll do what you described in reverse.
actually what rpm would i be at on the freeway at 60mph? shouldnt that tell me whether im in 4th or not?
so what causes the forward sprag to lock up usually? whats the remedy?
im looking in my alladata and man it sucks for info.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

up date on my tranny. i pulled the speedo pick up or whatever it is and there was tons of metal on it and the fluid looked like grapejuice, fair amount of crap floating around in it. i added a bottle of rislone trans stuff and believe it or not i can now back the car up, not normal, but before it didnt move what so ever so now it will be easier when i need to move the car around to put another trans in it.
me and a friend have been talking about a turbo 350 swap, but i havent researched it really. i will probably go with a 700r4 if i can figure out a solution for the TV cable ill be all good, i dont know if the braket can be modified or if i just need a 93 tb from a auto car. money is the only problem or it would be already done right with a t56. man is there such think as a reliable auto besides allison?

Last edited by hoursetraitor; 09-12-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

look grape juice lol

Quick Reply: 94 z28 4l60e reverse issue forward gears all work